2023 OFFICIAL RULES
Grouper Grapple Offshore Fishing Tournament
- At least one angler from each team MUST be at the MANDATORY Captain’s Meeting Thursday night, July 13th, at Snug Harbor Waterfront Restaurant on Ft. Myers Beach.
- The start will be a shotgun start at 6:00am on Friday, July 14th. Teams will be required to check in with Official Tournament Boat between 5:30am and 5:50am prior the shotgun start. Official Tournament Boat will be located at the Northwest tip of Bowditch Point.
- Boats must return to Snug Harbor by 6:00 pm on Friday, July 14th. The weigh station will be located on the docks at Snug Harbor. The Weigh Station will open at 4:00PM for any teams returning early, but ALL boats must be within sight of tournament officials in order to qualify no later than 6:00pm. All fish must be brought in by boat.
Grouper Grapple 2023 consists of two categories: Grouper and Red Snapper.
- In order to qualify for 1st-3rd place each boat must submit 3 grouper with a total combined weight. At least one species of each Red and Scamp grouper must be weighed in to qualify for the 3 fish aggregate. (May win with 2 Red Grouper and 1 Scamp Grouper OR 2 Scamp Grouper and 1 Red Grouper but must have 3 total between the two.)
- The team with the highest combined weight of all 3 grouper wins
- In the event that no team is able to submit 3 grouper in the eligible species, the combined weight of two species qualifying grouper ( Red or Scamp) submitted wins.
- Combined weight of 2 of the largest Red Snapper wins 1st and 2nd.
- Tournament Grouper and Snapper must be measured according to all FWC regulations as of 7/13/23. It is the responsibility of the angler to know the regulations. If you have questions visit www.myfwc.com for more information. Any fish brought to the weigh station that does not meet the current laws will be disqualified.
- Any fish weighed and entered in by tournament officials become the property of The Grouper Grapple Offshore Fishing Tournament. These fish are being served at the awards ceremony. If you weigh more than 3 Grouper or 2 Snapper, you may keep the Grouper not counted towards “total weight.”
- All fish must be caught on rod and reel, hook and line. No electric or hydraulic reels, no spear fishing or explosives.
- No mutilated or frozen fish eligible. At Weigh Masters’ discretion all decisions are final.
- No passing of fish between vessels at any time – this includes bait.
- In case of mechanical breakdown, fish cannot be transferred from one boat to another.
- Any protest by any participant in the 2023 Grouper Grapple Offshore Fishing Tournament must be in writing and presented to a tournament official no later than 1 hour after the weigh station has closed. THE DEADLINE IS 8:00 PM – NO Exceptions!! All protests must be accompanied by a $350.00 filing fee in cash. If the filing fee is not paid, the protest will not be acknowledged. Any protest filed will be handled immediately and appropriately.
- The 2023 Grouper Grapple fishing tournament will administer a polygraph test to the Tournament winner and any other angler officials deem necessary.
Calcutta (100% Payout)
- Largest Black Grouper $200.00
- Largest Red Grouper $200.00
- Largest Scamp Grouper $200.00
- Largest Red Snapper $200.00
- Thursday, July 13, 2023 | Captain’s Meeting at Snug Harbor Waterfront Restaurant | TIME TBD
- Friday, July 14, 2023 | Fishing Day | Shotgun Start at 6AM from Northwest Tip of Bowditch Point
- Saturday, July 15, 2023 | Awards, Dinner, Silent & Live Auction at Snug Harbor Waterfront Restaurant | 6PM-9PM